Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Couch to 5K: Day 37

I'm overwhelmed.  I got an email from Michelle at Phazes Fitness a few minutes ago in which she mentioned that one of her clients is starting a Couch to 5K program because she's been following my progress here.  Are these tears in my eyes?  What's up with THAT?

Okay, I'll admit that I'm premenstrual, so I'd probably cry over a brown banana, but still.  I'm overwhelmed with feelings of pride and excitement for this person and for myself.  My running helped someone make the decision to run, and my immediate reaction is not to console her but to celebrate with her.  To quote a silly movie we saw at the dollar theater last night: "The times...they are a-diff-er-ent!"

I haven't run yet today, but I'm very ready to take on the pavement and own the road.  I'm going to be repeating my 2 minute runs since I did so poorly last week.  It's great to have grace weeks like these.  I'm doing an 8 week program, but I've had 13+ weeks to do it.  I don't know if that was excellent planning or dumb luck.  I'm leaning toward luck.

Race for the Cure Salt Lake is getting closer, so it's time to start thinking about raising money.  I've got a few ideas knocking around inside my head.  It's also time to really start assembling my team.  I have a few people pledging to run with me up here, and it looks like a good Southern Utah group is forming to travel up and run.  I'm looking at my backyard and imagining the BEST BARBECUE EVER happening there after the race.

For those of you not able to run in Utah, find a race near you and run with Team Mother Load.  I've decided (can't remember if I've mentioned it here) that I'll keep running after the Salt Lake race and prepare for one at another location in October.  Maybe it will be your race!  (Seriously...can I stay at your house?)  Charlotte, NC and Wichita Falls, TX look appealing, since I have family nearby, but I'm really open to anything. 

Are you on Team Mother Load yet?  If you are, let me know!  If you aren't, why not?  If I can do it, and I'm SO DOING IT, you can too!

0 comments: