Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here it is in all its 30-second glory! I made a deal with my fans and I have upheld my end. The video was shot in my bedroom with my husband's cell phone camcorder, so the quality is terrible. You can't see much, but I assure you, I'm the one singing on my head.

Richard's phone will only let him upload 30-second videos, so after one failed attempt (in which I sounded great, by the way), we did a practice video to see if I could compress the song into the time allowed.  It worked, so we went for it. 

I grabbed a couple of kids to keep my shirt from falling in front of my face, and managed to get through the whole song only to ruin the video by jumping down too soon and revealing more of my underwear (read: any) than I'm willing to let you see.  Took some deep breaths and did the whole thing again.  My favorite part is the end, when my goofy facade falls away and I shout for the camera to be turned off.  I'm just keeping it real, people.

(On a related note, my mom recently told me to "keep it real" on Facebook.  I think that's a sign of the end of the world.)

In case you wanted to know, this project required 8 headstands, three failed videos, one successful video, and the overall integrity of my neck.  Happy New Year!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for you!! The video was a little dark so I really think you need to redo it for your adoring blog readers! ;)