Tuesday, August 10, 2010

You've Gotta See This: Mr. Mom

Today's edition of You've Gotta See This is dedicated to my husband, Richard, who found himself in the Mr. Mom role twice in the last two weeks while I enjoyed the rest and the abundant air conditioning of the hospital. (Okay, I was also enjoying pain, nausea, and abundant fevers, but I still think I had the easier go of things.)

It's not easy being the parent of five kids, and that's coming from someone who got to know them one at a time over many years. Richard met my brood all at once during the Thanksgiving holiday in 2006, never imagining at that time that he'd someday be stepping into a parenting role. (This is despite the fact that my Cate told him then, a full year before Richard and I even started dating, that he would be her stepfather.)

I don't know if he fell in love with them first or with me. What I do know is that he loves us all as if he's been the go-to man from day one, and I know he'd do anything for his family. He takes good care of all of us.

I love you, Richard. You're doing great! I promise you can have the next surgery, okay?

0 comments: