Monday, August 16, 2010

When I told hubby, Richard, what I planned to write about for today's Outrageous News story, he responded with a puzzled, "Who?" I wasn't surprised. I'm sure a good number if my readers reacted the same way when they saw the title of this post. Let me help you out.

Levi Johnston is a nobody...with little sense...and wayward sperm...and somehow, that makes him famous. More specifically, Levi Johnston was the teenage boy who got Sarah Palin's teenage daughter, Bristol, pregnant. Ta-da!

Ever since he was suddenly made "famous" as the VP candidate's daughter's baby daddy, Mr. Johnston (and I only refer to him as such because the existence of a child, and another on the way with yet another girl, proves he is physiologically a man) has been riding the wave of his "celebrity" with a smile and doing whatever he can to milk his 15 minutes of fame for every penny they're worth. Take a look:



Aha.  Ahahahahahahaha...*sigh*...*eyeroll* (I can only imagine he has his last name tattooed to his arm because he's in the habit of frequently forgetting what it is.)

Johnston's newest attempt to extend his nebulous fame comes in the form of a reality TV show called Loving Levi: The Road to the Mayor's Office, in which camera crews will follow the "star" as he seeks to become the new mayor of Wasilla, AK, in the 2011 election.  Right, because being a promiscuous and irresponsible 20 year old fame whore qualifies you for public service.

That someone would pitch this show and that others would think, "Hey, that's a great idea!" were enough to make my husband declare the end of our world as we know it.  The show was also enough for the current mayor of Wasilla to mock Johnston's candidacy. He's telling Johnston to get a high school diploma and to keep his clothes on, referring to naked pictures Johnston had taken for Playgirl magazine. (No, I will NOT link to that.)

All of this is enough for me to praise the heavens above that I don't live in Wasilla, Alaska, that I don't have television coming into my home, and that if Levi actually goes through with this and actually becomes mayor, World War III will happen shortly after and then my Jesus will be here to take me home.

0 comments: