Monday, October 18, 2010

In a down economy, when many of us are scraping to get by, it's good to know there are still rich and entitled people who look down their noses at the common man and believe the rules of the world do not apply to them.  Why is this a good thing?  Because when the long arm of the law catches up with them, all of us poor folks get to share a laugh.

The law caught up with Jessica Nicole Hincapie early Sunday morning, when she was arrested for disorderly conduct and insisted to the police that they would surely get in trouble for arresting her, what with her status as a rich person and all.  Hincapie got into a cab fight (those happen?) with another woman outside a country club and was taken into police custody.  This happened despite her efforts to threaten and intimidate them with her voodoo rich person powers.

Ms. Hincapie cited the fact that her father had bought her a Toyota Corolla with cash as her proof of being well moneyed. I'm shocked (SHOCKED) the police didn't immediately bow down in the presence of such enormous wealth.  I know if I met anyone whose father could do that, I'd be snapping a camera phone picture and selling it to the tabloids so that I, too, could someday buy a car of my very own. 

I think it's safe to say that Jessica is one of those people who, if confronted by my thoughts about her, would say something like, "Well, your kids are going to be serving my kids burgers at McDonald's."  I'm one of those people who would respond with, "Why would you let your kids eat at McDonald's?" 

Someday, when this blog is world famous and I'm so rich that other people are buying me midsized Japanese cars, I'd like to set a new standard for the things rich people are too rich to do. I know I'll be too rich to join a country club.  I'll probably be too rich to get into cab fights.  For sure, I'll be too rich to demand special treatment from the police.

I'll never, ever be too rich to snicker over stories like this one.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a commoner who simply mismeasured her actual position. I do believe that billionaires do have special powers that everyone clamors for at their loss (theyll never get it and will only be marginalized further as they pine for the day).

The ultra rich only exist due to the desire of the commoner to strike it as well despite the vast majority of people will never get anywhere close even if they are rather talented. To end our sociopoliticaleconomic problems, people must stop idolizing hierarchies that are built on exploitation, lack of risk, special treatment, and increasing polarity.