Friday, June 4, 2010

Awesome Product: Doggie Doo Drain

Maybe it's a coincidence that both my Stupid and Awesome Products for this week deal with poop. Maybe it's fate. I did try to hold this one off until next week in order to space out the feces related posts, but I'm just too excited about it to wait.

The Doggie Doo Drain is an ingenius little product that allows dog owners to flush canine yard deposits right into the sewer.  If you want to know the truth, when I checked out the link, I didn't even know my home had a sewage drain or how I would attach the Doggie Doo Drain to one if I found it.  This commercial shows how ridiculously simple the process is (and how ridiculously clueless I apparently am about these things).



I've had two dogs in my lifetime, and I can say that this aspect of owning a dog is the reason I've only owned two dogs in my lifetime. (Okay, and there's the drooling and the barking and the tearing up of the furniture and shoes and the general not being anything like cats thing.) Had I had a Doggie Doo Drain, I might have had a more enjoyable experience as a dog owner.

According to the product's website, the Doggie Doo Drain has won awards, and I can't say that I'm surprised.  This is one of those inventions that makes you think, "Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?"  It's simple, practical, and environmentally sound.  What more do you need?

Now, if they could just make a Kitty Doo Drain...  Nah, I'm still holding out for the day my cats realize the toilet is for more than just drinking.

(Thanks to Becky B. of Ogden, UT, for introducing me to today's Awesome Product!  She's pretty awesome herself, so I'm not surprised that her awesome finding powers are so advanced.)

1 comments:

Millionaira said...

teach them this Sarah!

http://www.karawynn.net/mishacat/toilet.html