Thursday, April 1, 2010

Awesome Product: You Tell Me

This is a first in the history of the Awesome Products feature of The Mother Load.  I have found an Awesome Product, but I don't know its name!  Sensible people might say that I should take some time to research this product before I plaster it all over my blog.  Sensible people probably wouldn't spend a half an hour playing with this toy, either, so there you go.

Here's what the mystery product looks like.



Yes, I played with this for 30 minutes, and they were 30 minutes of pure, unadulterated awesomeness.

If you have a baby in the house, may someday choose to have a baby, have friends who have babies and sometimes visit, have grandchildren or nieces or nephews who are babies, were once a baby yourself, or know of the existence of babies in the universe, you will enjoy this product.

See, the little balls travel up the little plastic conveyor on the left side and then race down the front, Plinko style, where they're shuffled to the bottom of the conveyor. And then? IT HAPPENS AGAIN!

I wish I could describe the fun involved in watching the way this toy works. It combines the mechanical genius of a perpetual motion machine with the crazy fun of "The Price is Right." Balls, conveyor belt, Plinko! Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Maybe you think I'm crazy for getting all caught up over a toy meant for babies. All I can say is that you weren't there, and if you had been, you would have tried to steal the toy from me, so I'm glad you weren't.

Because my ignorance of the product name keeps me from buying this Awesome Product for my future grandkids (riiiiiiight...), I am offering a reward. The first person who can provide a verifiable link to a page containing this product for sale will receive 25 entries into the current Mother Load giveaway

Time starts...NOW!

(Update: We have a WINNER! Paul Tolman found the mystery toy on this Ebay listing. No idea if, "Playskool crib toy" is the actual name...probably not.  It came out in 1998.  Congratulations, Paul, for winning 25 entries into the giveaway!  Don't say I never gave you anything except some grief during high school.)

0 comments: