Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You've Gotta See This: Hugh Laurie's "Mystery"

So, Richard has been telling me for ages that I must watch episodes of "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" with him, and I've been telling him for ages that I'll be happy to do that as soon as I have some time. This exchange has always ended with him walking away dejectedly because he's knows as well as anyone that when God was handing out time, I got tripped and ended up in the workahol line instead. (Mmmmm...workahol...tasty!)

So, ages went by, and my longsuffering spouse decided to take matters into his own British-comedy-loving hands. He picked up a DVD of the Fry and Laurie show at the library, presented it to me, and then gave me one of these faces:

Photobucket

Fortunately for him, when God was giving out nerves of steel and hearts of stone, I was again tripped and ended up in the melty hearts line.  We found enough time to watch one whole episode before the library had to have their DVD back, but that episode contained the following bit by Mr. Hugh Laurie.

Maybe all of you knew that Dr. House could sing and play the piano and do funny things in front of a camera.  I was not aware of this.  My upbringing, circa 1988, was apparently sorely lacking.  When the world runs out of workahol, I'll be heading to the library to view a bit more of a Bit of Fry and Laurie.  Of course, by then, DVDs will have been replaced by holograms and libraries will be overrun by zombies.  All the more reason to have a little fun, wouldn't you say?


1 comments:

Unknown said...

My family is a multigenerational Hugh Laurie fan club. So the Laurie fans in our little fan club are ages 72, 46, and 21. My mother loves his Jeeves and Wooster work, as do my son and I. Mom hates that he doesn't shave on House because it makes him look sloppy. She much prefers his tweedy if dopey Bertie character. He is certainly a multitalented chap.
My son discovered the Fry and Laurie work and gets a great kick out of it.