Friday, December 28, 2012

Big mouth? Me? But speaking too soon is so fun!

Mom, today I learned that the fastest way to end up in a hospital is to tell your blog readers no one's in the hospital.

The second fastest way is to throw on your dirtiest hoodie before leaving the house.

(Author's note: We're home nearly 6 hours after Aaron and I left on our five minute errand to pick Richard up from the train. If there's anything I've learned today, it's that there is no good way to have a seizure while belted into a moving vehicle when your only help...that was driving. Aaron stopped breathing for a good portion of his seizure, prompting a frantic call to paramedics who hurried to help. He was breathing and coming around when they got to me, and I had to decide between hospital and home. I felt this time hospital was the right choice, and I'm glad we went that route, especially since they were able to whittle the 20 hours they thought they'd need to keep him down to a few hours for some IV calcium. It also meant we were put into contact with an endocrinologist in our area and will no longer have to drive 45 minutes one way for follow up care. So, scary, scary situation...good outcome all around. Special thanks to the Skinner family, of Layton, UT, for picking up my stranded husband and getting him to us in the ER...and for the much needed hug when they brought him to me.)


Ivy said...

You're sweet, Sarah. Been thinking of you all weekend. I'm not very good at following up. My mind wars with itself, You should call, no you should leave them alone. You should take them dinner, you should make your family dinner too. You should sit with them in the waiting room. That would be awkward for them. So...I am never going to be one of those who does much without being asked. So ask away! I love to help and love knowing when that help is wanted. Love you, Sarah!

Becky said...

I'm sorry to hear that you guys are dealing with hospital stuff again. So glad your kiddo is okay though!