Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Mother Unload: Big Rewards for Baby Steps

I want someone to throw me a parade. 

Photo by George M. Groutas
I worked out two days in a row, so it should be a big one. Mandatory attendance by the whole town.

My waist and abs are sore, so someone will need to bring a big Snoopy balloon. Intentionally sore abs always call for big Snoopy balloons.

And because I kept my carbs down today despite wanting to cry, someone should definitely pelt me with candy I won't eat. I just want to smell the sugar. I'll just smell it...I promise.

I'm in the phase of weight loss where I don't see what the point is (even when I know full well what the point is). I know I have to lose weight for my own health, but my sugar addiction is still firmly in control of my world. I feel like I'm breaking up with a friend, and I hate doing that, especially a friend that brings me beautiful breads and sweets and fizzy drinks whenever I'm stressed.

I'm in that place where every little, teeny-tiny, ridiculous baby step needs a reward to keep me motivated. And since my go-to reward is usually food based (and my food is usually carb based), I'm kind of stuck.

So someone needs to throw me a parade. Yesterday. You don't even KNOW how serious I am.

I'll be camped out on Main whenever you're ready.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just found your blog yesterday, and I really hate parades (besides the crowds, I used to live in an historic part of town and had to move my car every freakin' weekend for a parade)...but yay you! Good job!!

Jennifer said...

I'm so with you. I have a soda addiction. I refuse to give it up. Even though I know my workouts would be so much more effective if I'd stop drinking it.

I.just.cant!